Monday, June 4, 2012

The Good Only Gets Better!: Moments of MotherHood


2003. What a big year for me - literally & figuratively! (Katzu is maybe about 6 months old in this picture. I'm most likely a size 44 bra & 4x shorts. This is also most likely after I gained 60+lbs during my 3 month stint on Prozac for post-partum depression. Also again not my highest weight or size)

Wow! Look at me! Look at Katz!
To borrow from an old smokes ad ~ "We've come a loooooooooooooong way, baby!"

Today marks 9 years since I moved my children & I to Hawaii from Samoa. We've spent 9 years finding our place & making our time count. It's been a delicious adventure so far. Certainly not what I expected at all!

Well, lets see what nine years have bought me.


My children are healthy & happy & well. They are home & they are safe. What price would I pay for the surety of knowing they are exactly right where they ought to be & headed to where they should go?

I'd pay any price, make any sacrifice, do whatever it takes to get it done. I'd become the kind of person I have to be to do the work I said I would.

These guys are my everything for the short duration that I have them. Some day sooner instead of later - all three of them are going to head out for their own destinies & families.

Wow! I can't wait to see them become husbands & fathers. To lead their own little people to where they have to be to do the things they have to do.

Then we will truly see what these years have been worth. Until then ~

With love & delicious Nine Year celebrations!
Cy.

PS. Ok, I'm just a little bit vain.... nine years later that's me now & all those haters can just suck it! Ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!