Monday, June 25, 2012

Fathers & Daughters: Moments of MotherHood



shells from Waianae Beach

I don't get it. I really don't get it.

How there are some men in the world, who are also fathers who can make such monsterously selfish choices for their children!

Okay, so (again) I came across yet another father of daughters who instead of training his daughters to become independant self-preserving women of substance, insists that they be little dolly princesses because he's ALWAYS going to be there to take care of them, to keep them safe, to give them all the comforts of the whatever.

BAH!!!! 

Why do men do this to their daughters? Don't they LOVE them & want them to be strong enough to care for themselves independently of a man be it father, brother, uncle or husband? Why does strong equate to impure? And keeping these girls in their fragile weak Oh woe is me! state equates to purity?

(I call a bullshit timeout on that one)

What happens when a man just isn't there by no fault of the woman? Don't these men get it, that they deliberately handicap their daughters when they fail to teach them to think for themselves, to choose for themselves, to accept consequnces for themselves, to manage themselves independently & smartly from a man?

I am not trying in any way to demean or belittle the importance of a man in a womans life.

What I am trying to get across is why don't they raise their daughters to be strong too? Not just educated or employed but soul strong. So that when life's storms start hitting hard, they can take the hits & keep on going. And be strong enough to give shelter to others as well.

Maybe that was just my dad. I was never a dolly princess. or a dolly girlfriend. or a dolly wife. or a dolly damn nothing.

I learned to use my brain & my body & my soul to get things done. I didn't like it but it made me strong and resilient. It made me fierce & clear & steady.

(Okay there were a few years when it also made me crazy, clouded & frenetic. It's all good now!)

which is kinda a good thing. unless you're a whimp of a man who can't handle his own. then me being me kinda sucks for you. *shrugs* Step it up manchild & walk like you mean it! *laughing*


Monday rant over.

With love & delicious strong-ness,
Cy.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!