Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Quick Thoughts:Time Out Tuesdays

I borrowed Katz's camera yesterday for this shot of the ti plants in the lobby garden at Laie Elementary.

It's one of my favorite places to sit & look at because its boxed in by cement sit-ways, is filled with strategically chaotic greenery & has a slatted roof to let sunlight in.

( it goes with much saying how I lurve sunshine!)

"Work" is better this week. My schedule is starting to gel & the anxiety I was running on last week is easing into familiarity this week.

I've met more of the staff & administration & teachers & students too.

Wow!

Let me tell you, there are a lot of people who put in time & effort to helping my kids (and everyone else's kid in Laie Elem) get an education. My kid's teachers are only the first line of educational defense. There are part time teachers, counselors, administrators, custodians, cafeteria personnel, security personnel, student teachers & other parent aides that all put into getting my kids a quality education.

And they know when kids can do better & don't.
(Mommy's looking at YOU, Katz!)

They care about my kids. Do I always agree with the way that 'caring' comes across? No of course not but that doesn't mean I don't respect the work they do. Even those people who aren't directly involved with my children, know my children by first name.

People who say educators (and that includes support staff) are over paid for the services they do, need to have a child in public school AND spend a couple of weeks working at it. They'll see soon enough that everyone doesn't get paid enough to do what they do every Monday to Friday. Rain or shine.

I learned a 'new skill' yesterday while helping out in the kindergarten class. I got to laminate! Whoo Woo!
*fist pump in the air*

The Boss Laminate Machine


and I got to use the "big cutter".
The Boss Cutter



(Amazing how I can be entertained by the ordinary!)











Today is May Day/Lei Day here. Tafi, Katz & I are off to the Polynesian Cultural Center with their classmates for our dress rehearsals before the big show on Friday. It's gonna be an easy breezy (but cross our fingers not rainy) 1 mile walk.

Tafi & 5th grade class May Day practice
With love & delicious Tuesdays~
Cy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!