Monday, April 23, 2012

Birthday Party!Moments of Motherhood


Today was Tafi's 12th birthday party.


He celebrated his birthday at the BYU-H Gameroom so that he & his friends could hang out, play some games, shoot some pool, dance a little dance & bowl some bowling.





Tafi stayed up late Sunday night to make his sour candy li hing mui mix for the "baddy bags" because "goody bags" are for kids not manly guys like Taf & his buddies.

(yes I rolled my eyes at that too)




Tafi & his buddies sang Happy Birthday to him. Those are Butter Chocolate ButterCreme frosted cupcakes.
(Mommy needs her butter to make it all better!)


I actually ate this one at home just before I started blogging this post! Yumm-Oh!

(and now I have a tummy ache)

Tafi had such a fabulous birthday party. Everyone he invited was able to make it. He got everything & more that he wished for.

(Thank You God!)

I am so thankful to the parents let their children come to his party. I was so relieved to see all of them come to support Tafi turning 12. I am so humbled by all of the parents who gave gifts to Tafi - when really the gift to us was just having their children there.

I am so glad that Tafi already has the maturity to realize birthday parties are not about gifts or what his friends gave him. He was already telling from a week ago to please not give him any money or toys but to just come & be there with him.

Just being there with him was the best gift.
(God Bless them!)

I am tired. And Happy. and tired. But mostly happy.

Because he's happy.

With love & delicious birthday parties~
Cy.

PS. According to Mother Hubbard this frosting is the best ever. According to my wallet its also the cheapest frosting ever too. I will never pay $3 for a can of pre-made frosting ever again!

2 boxes of powdered sugar
1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup butter

put it in to a large mixing bowl & blend on low until all the sugar is mixed up with the butter. It will look thick like play dough. DO NOT ADD MILK OR WATER!

Keep on mixing at high until its whipped. For me, it took about 3 minutes but then I have a cheapy mixer from Walmart that was on sale for $7. Your mixer might whip that frosting faster than mine.

You'll know its done when it looks smooth & glossy. Spoon some into a piping bag with a star tip & pop a little bit on top of each cupcake.

Voila! Enough frosting for at least 3 dzn cupcakes also taking into account little hands that swiped some from the bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!