Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Worst Biscuits Ever

Looks good, huh? Looks can be deceiving, like some people I know!
These are absolutely the worst biscuits ever.
We're talking MEGA worst biscuits ever!
Tasteless, clueless & yes they gave me the runs kind of biscuits.
Sampling the goods before it sent me to the toilet
But let me back up & qualify that by adding in that I didn't use the best possible ingredients either. I figured what the hell? I'll just use generic off the shelf shortening instead of my prized like GOLD Crisco shortening, which I save for only very important usages!

Meadow Gold flour w/cheap ass no name shortening
(No Crisco is not paying me to say this. I wish they would though money would in no way influence my opinion about Crisco vs. no name shortening)

Sometimes it just does not pay to be cheap. At all. The extra pennies you spend to get quality stuff pays out over the long haul.

Lesson learned. But I'd like you all to also experience the worst biscuits ever. So here's the recipe:

3 cups flour
3/4 tsp salt
6 T sugar
2 T baking powder
1 cup shortening
1 cup milk


mix the dry ingredients first, then add the wet ones. Mix together & then drop it on a pan. Bake @ 425 for 15 min or until it looks brown enough for you. Bring it out & smother it in butter & jam.

Hopefully for you, there's enough butter & jam to give it some flavor.

With love & (not so) delicious biscuits~
Cy.

1 comment:

  1. I think I will visit Moms tomorrow for some Samoan pagikeke. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!