Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!


At the Aloun Farms Pumpkin Patch 2006



Happy Halloween! Wherever you are & whatever you dress up as & however much candy you're gonna ingest today - we wish you & your little ones much laughter & light as you trick or treat!

My little guys and I had so many plans to be so many things this Halloween. I had decided - Halloween 2011 would be the Halloween that I showed it who's boss!

Ahh, but life sidetracked me as it so often does.

Before I knew it - Halloween was here! and my wonderful ideas for do-it-yourself custom made costumes ( we were going to be a set of wheels, a Mobster family, baked goods, Disney characters) and handcrafted treats (pumpkin spice cupcakes with caramel fillings, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin pie) & a yard decked out in the spookiest ever decorations copied from Martha Stewart gave way to ...

Me pointing to our spilling over the doorjamb with clothes and telling the kids to "do it yourself. Make your own costume or go as yourself."

Bags of cheap factory made candy snagged at Foodland for treats & an over grown yard full of scary weeds that really need to see the whacking end of the weedwacker.

This year we didn't make it to any haunted houses but did manage to make it to a Trunk n Treat, a Happy Halloween party & on schedule is the Halloween Reading is Fun parade at the children's school this morning & a Halloween Dance Block Party this evening. Should be fun!

(update: we didn't make to the Halloween parade at school. Instead Tafi & I spent our morning at the dr's office)

And now it's raining. A lot. Thank you God for the rain that fills the watersheds & wells. Even if it did rain on Katzu's (Halloween) parade!

At the very least, I have a Chocolate Peanut Butter Pumpkin Spice protein shake to sweeten my pot today!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pumpkin Spice Protein Shake:
1 cup skim milk
1 cup of water
1 scoop Chocolate Peanut butter protein powder
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 dash of cinnamon

I heat up the milk& water in the microwave until its warm enough for me but not steaming hot. I stir in the protein powder & the spices while its hot & then sip it while I'm playing on twitter/facebook.

Careful with how hot your milk/water mixture is because if its too hot - then it'll "cook" your protein powder when you stir it in. You'll know its "cooked" by the thick congealed mass at the top that will not no matter how hard your stir/blend/shake it in to the milk mixture - it will not mix! Best to toss it down the drain & start again. But if your hardcore, you could try to drink it anyway.

Nutritional Breakdown:
1 cup skim milk  80 calories   9 grms protein
1 scp protein powder 140 calories  26 grms protein

(the spices have trace amounts of whatever it is that's in them.)

That there is my trick & treat of the day! (well, that is unless your the man on my list, then yes darling I have a different trick & treat for you later!*winks*)

With love & Happy Halloween-ing!
Cy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!