Tuesday, October 25, 2011

God of Me


"With all of our doing. With all of our leading. With all of our teaching, the most important thing we can do for those whom we lead is to cultivate in their hearts a living, vital, vibrant testimony and knowledge of the Son of God, Jesus Christ, the Redeemer of the world, the Author of our salvation, He who atoned for the sins of the world and opened the way of salvation and eternal life. 


I would hope that in all we do we would somehow constantly nourish the testimony of our people concerning the Savior. 


I am satisfied--I know it's so--that whenever a man has a true witness in his heart of the living reality of the Lord Jesus Christ, all else will come together as it should... That is the root from which all virtue springs among those who call themselves Latter-day Saints."  Gordon B. Hinckley

And one day a handful of years ago, the light just came on! I realized that I didn't know me better than God did. God knows me better than anyone in the entire of everything. He knows me. He knows my needs. He knows the struggles I need to go through to become the person I need to be. He knows me. That brings me such peace. and light. and warmth.


God of everything - He knows me. He knows my name. He knows everything about me: my joys, my sorrows, my talents, my struggles. He loves me. I trust Him in all things, knowing - not hoping- that every thing will be all right.

Now that isn't to say that there aren't situations that try my patience or fire up the faith mobile. There are those situations all the time every time. But after the initial panic subsides, I tell myself in prayer - God loves me. God has me. God is boss over all things. This is just one thing. This too shall pass. There is a purpose for this. God will see me through this. When I'm done with this - I'll understand why. 


Faith precedes the miracle. I have enough faith for the moment, I've had enough miracles follow my faith.

I don't ask anymore that God take away my pain or suffering or to lessen the burdens of learning. I only ask Him to please please please make me equal to the task and strong enough to last the lesson. I ask Him to give me people who strengthen my faith & testimony in the Savior's love for me & He does this. I demand that He keep His promises to me & He does that as well.

And I hear Him. And I see Him. And I feel Him.

More than words on a page, I feel the truth. It sings to me. It lights for me. Sometimes, it even laughs with me. Truth isn't always harsh. Sometimes, the truth is damn funny!

I'm thankful for the fights I've fought, the choices I've made and the tears that I've cried a long the way to this beautifulness. It's made me humble and strong and faithful. Its given me wisdom that can't be learned in a college. Its given me compassion & gentleness & courage to continue every day with love & hope in my heart.

My roots go deep. To hold me down with the storms start blowing. To hold the hands of those whom I love deeply when the billows toss & turn them. And to hold my little ones firm until their own roots take hold and deep.


Until we all get Home again. Safely & together.


With love & delicious deep rooting~
Cy.

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful. Inspiring. Humbling. I love the power of your expression. Glad i found your writing via Twitter. Would love to have you join us at TUSITALA FIAPOTO over at Sleepless in Samoa blogspot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!