Monday, September 26, 2011

Waiting to Arrive


I was listening to a group of young college girls talking about what they were going to do with their lives. One wanted to be a Social Worker, another wanted to be a Fitness Instructor, another one wanted to be a teacher. All of them said," I just don't know what to do in life."

The question really ought to be who are you going to be in this life?
What we do doesn't define who we are and who we are is a much better question to ask ourselves.

So who am I?
Who are you?

If who I am is not what I do, then who am I?
If who I am is not what I have, then who am I?
If who I am is not what I want, then who am I?

What remains of you, when you strip away all the superficial layers & definitions? Who are you when you stop letting other people define you? Who are you when no one else is looking?

Are you really what you say you are?
The test of that is do your actions match your words?

Answering the questions of Who am I can lead us on one of the most delicious journeys we can ever embark on.

With Love & Delicious (self) discoveries,
Cy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!