Thursday, September 29, 2011

Bite sized Taco Salads


Tiny Taco Salads BEFORE I devoured mine

While the other sisters were faithfully & attentively listening to the presenters in the Relief Society room, I ate mine in one bite as I hid out in the chapel kitchen. I won't even tell you how I hummmed in satisfaction.

My good friend, Sis. Ti'a ate hers in two dainty bites, which is why I had to impose on her (in between bites) to take a photo of the insides of these tasty tiny morsels.

As a snacky thing, these are pretty good. Crispy. Slightly salty. (Just the way I like my snacks).

My only beef with it - is there is no beef. or pork. or chicken. or fish.

It tasted yummy anyway.

Here's the recipe the sisters passed out last night:

Tiny Taco Salads

12 small square won ton wrappers
 this is what it looks like in the middle
1 cup of frozen beef style soy crumbles ( Boca or MorningStar)
1/2 cup of fat free re fried beans
1 tsp taco seasoning
1 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat Mexican blend cheese
1 tbsp chopped olives
6 tbsp chunky salsa
2 tbsp fat free sour cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 12 cup muffin pan with non-stick spray. Place a won ton wrapper into a  cup of the muffin pan & press it into the bottom & sides.

Spray the won ton wrappers lightly with the non-stick spray.
Bake 8 minutes until the bottoms look a little brown.
Cool. Take the won ton cups out of pan & set on a tray.

In a microwave safe bowl, combine the soy crumble, re fried beans & taco seasoning. Microwave on high 1 -2 minutes until hot. Stir until mixed well.

Layer shredded lettuce into the won ton cups. Top off with the "meat" & bean mixture (about 2 tbsp each) Top with olives & cheese.

Finish off the taco salads with a bit of salsa & a dab of sour cream.

With Love & Delicious Tasty Tiny Tacos ~
Cy.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!